If you need dentures, contact us today!
What are full dentures?
Full dentures are replacement teeth that are used when there are no natural teeth remaining in the mouth. Full dentures provide a natural look and feel for everyday use.
There are three different types of full dentures:
- Conventional full dentures are great for people who are missing all of their teeth in either their upper or lower arch. This natural-looking option is removable.
- Immediate full dentures are for people who have just had their teeth removed and are going through the healing phase. This type of dentures is not meant to be permanent.
- Implant supported dentures are anchored to at least two dental implants. This type of dentures gives you a better ability to laugh, chew, and speak.
What are partial dentures?
Partial dentures are replacement teeth that are attached to a removable, natural-looking base. This type of denture is used when there is at least one natural tooth remaining in the mouth.
There are four different types:
- Flexible all-acrylic partial dentures are lighter and more aesthetic than metal framework partials, and a great option if you are missing teeth.
- Implant supported partial dentures use dental implants to anchor the partials to your jaw.
- Removable partial dentures are a lightweight, inexpensive option if you are missing teeth. The natural-looking teeth attach to your mouth by the use of metal framework.
- Transitional partial dentures are more of a temporary fix if you have just had a tooth removed and are waiting for implants.
Dr. Strandburg will assess your teeth and mouth, and will determine exactly what is best for you. There are other options available as well, such as bridges and implants.
Schedule an appointment today with Dr. Strandburg!